Hope y’all are ready for some filling, warm, and carb-loaded Fall recipes. I’ve got more to share and this is just the first of it! We’ve been making this about once a week throughout the summer (because who doesn’t love BBQ in the summer) and it’s easy for me to make since being pregnant and SO. DANG. TIRED.
You can totally do your own spin on this recipe by switching the barbecue sauces out for your personal fav, adding different flavorings to the mashed potatoes, etc. The thing I recommend you do, if anything, is serve the pulled pork (or chicken, or beef, whateva) with the mashed potatoes and let all the delicious, sweet sauce sink into your mashed potatoes. Add any other vegetable side or salad and you’ve got a really affordable dinner that feeds at least a family of 4 for under $10!
- 1-2 lbs Marinated Pork Tenderloin (we prefer a peppercorn marinade)
- Half a bottle (or around 10 oz.) Barbecue sauce
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 3 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 large Golden Potatoes
- Half stick of Butter (or more for your personal taste)
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- Salt + Pepper
- Set slow cooker to low for 6 hours.
- Put olive oil in slow cooker and add pork tenderloin.
- Add barbecue and let cook. Flip the meat a few times during the cook time if you are able to.
- Boil large pot of salted water.
- Peel potatoes and cut them into large cubes (about 2″x2″).
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for about 12 minutes. Drain potatoes.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Add any other ingredients you may want to flavor the potatoes with (cheese, bacon bits, chives, sour cream, extra salt + pepper, etc.).
- Shred meat with two forks, it should fall apart very easily.
- Serve mashed potatoes under desired amount of meat and sauce.
Hope y’all enjoy! 🙂