A couple things to note about this recipe!
- You can really make it your own by adding whatever dry ingredients and/or candy you want. Some suggestions: bagel chips, almonds or other nuts, raisins, Reese’s Pieces, butterscotch chips, cheez-its, etc.
- The seasoning measurements below provide a pretty light flavor. If you like extreme flavor, be sure to ramp it up!
10 cups of dry ingredients, I used:
- 3 cups rice cereal squares
- 3 cups corn cereal squares
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 3 cups pretzels
½ cup apple cider
½ cup butter
½ cup coconut oil
⅓ cup worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp garlic powder
½ Tbsp onion powder
2 tsp salt
Turn your slow cooker on high.
Add all your dry ingredients, butter, and coconut oil.
Stir to cover all the pieces.
Add seasonings and all other ingredients.
Stir again to ensure all pieces have been covered.
Cook in slow cooker for 3 hours, stirring at least once or twice during that time.
Spread the mixture out on parchment paper or baking sheet.
Heat oven to 350° F. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
Pour all of the chex mix in a gallon size ziploc and add your candy.
Shake and enjoy! 🙂