The ways you can make this recipe are absolutely never-ending! We love variety around here so it’s a keep of a dinner idea in our house. Bonus points because the kids will eat a lot of it!
Keep it classic with garlic and onion flavors or give it an asian spin by using Chinese Five Spice seasoning + sriracha. So many things you can do! I love to use a splash of balsamic glaze on lots of roasted veggies, it’s my fav! The cool thing about this is that you should use whatever things you love, and leave out what you don’t. It’ll turn out great!
- Quinoa or quinoa/brown rice mix (amount will vary depending on your preference, but we use one box of quinoa/brown rice mix for two adult portions)
- Vegetables of choice to roast, we like:
- sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- onion, sliced
- brussels sprouts
- Fresh Avocado
- Chopped and cooked bacon, turkey bacon, or salami
- Protein of choice, we have loved:
- pulled chicken (like from a rotisserie chicken) pulled pork, steak, shrimp, fried tofu – Or skip the meat and load up on the veggies!
- Our homemade dressing (We use this for everythinggg, mix in a jar and shake! So easy to make. Taste as you add ingredients to the jar… we never measure this)
- Avocado oil or olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Sugar or coconut sugar
- Lemon juice
- Garlic Powder (fresh garlic is even better)
- Onion Powder
- Salt + Pepper
- Goat Cheese, feta, or other soft cheese
- Extras: Artichoke Dip, Queso, Hummus, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat all vegetables in avocado or olive oil and seasonings of choice (sprinkle mine with salt+pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and balsamic glaze).
- Place all veggies in one layer on cookie sheet. Roast for 10 minutes. Stir veggies around and roast for another 10 minutes. Cook veggies until you reach desired doneness. I usually roast for around 40 minutes.
- Build your bowl. We use a shallow, but wide style bowl. Quinoa and/or rice goes in first and then put everything else on top. Top with smaller things like cilantro. Mix together if you like.