If you know me, you know I diiiie when I find a good deal on something I’ve been wanting. Bargain hunting runs in my genes, what can I say? Here are some quick tips that I LIVE BY to get the best deals at my three favorite stores, T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, and Homegoods.
- Get started on your holiday shopping now. Generally, the more time you have with these stores, the better. As you find things that remind you of a certain someone, get them. They probably won’t be there later. The closer we get to the holidays, the more people you see in the stores and the good stuff gets snatched up faster. Keep these items organized in a gift drawer or closet in your house. I do this with birthday gifts, too!
- Consider how many of that item they have on the rack. If you see five pairs of the style/size Lucky jeans you’ve been after, consider waiting a few days and they might be marked down. It’s always a risk, but might pay off. Most of the time, these stores only have one or two of that item you found, so the best time to buy is when you find it.
- If you’re on the fence about something, or trying to convince yourself not to buy it, put it down and walk away. If you’re still thinking about it when you get to the end of the store, maybe treat yourself. If not, no love lost (I usually forget about things myself).
- Shop after the season, but not right after the season. For example, wait until early January to shop Christmas decor. Don’t roll up in there on December 27th expecting 75% off.
- Check the clearance sections ALWAYS – Sometimes you might find a bunch of crap, but there’s always a chance you may find gold. Remember final clearance items are marked with a yellow tag.
Have you found any crazy deals recently? There are so many different things to find, I love to hear what can be found in these stores around the country – let me know in the comments!